Poker is the most exciting, fun, and rewarding card game ever! Which explains why there is a glamorous world of professional poker. Players have become millionaires by winning poker championships in exotic places all over the world! If you’re thinking it’s time you learn to play Texas Holdem, continue reading our 15-minute course!
The best way to learn is by starting with the basics. Once you have the basic rules down, you can practice, which is going to take your game to the next level! Every online casino gives you the chance to enter many different levels of poker online. You can even play in exclusive Texas Holdem poker tournaments once you master the game!
The Basics of Playing Texas Holdem Poker
At the beginning of a hand of Texas Holdem poker, players contribute mandatory bets to create a “pot.” These first bets are called “blinds.”
- The small blind – The player on the left of the dealer contributes the small blind.
- The big blind – The player that is two seats to the left of the dealer contributes the big blind, which is usually twice the size of the small blind.
Once the blinds are in, each player receives two cards facedown, never show your cards to other players.
The first round of betting is called the “Pre-Flop,” which takes place after places look at their cards. You have a choice of whether to play your cards at this point. Each player has a turn to decide whether to bet.
Your betting options include raising the bet, call other player’s bets, fold. This continues until the end of that betting round.
Poker Terms Explained
- Raise – A player can raise the initial bet by doubling the big blind.
- Call – After a player has raised, therefore every player that wishes to continue playing this hand must call the raise by adding the same amount of chips to the pot.
- Fold- Players that do not wish to call can discontinue playing in that round and forfeit their cards. Hence the world “folding.”
- The Flop- After the initial round of betting is complete, the dealer “burns” the top card on the deck by discarding it. Secondly, the dealer must place three cards on the table facing up. These cards are the “flop,” and every player uses these cards in combination with their own to form their hand.
- The Turn- after the second round of betting concludes, the dealer repeats the same process and another card face up. This card is the “Turn.”
- The River- The “River” is the final card that the dealer places face up. All players use these five cards on the table with their own two to form their final hand. This card initiates the final betting round, which determines who the winner of that round is.
Thailand Online Casino takes the trouble to find you the best online destinations to practice your Texas Holdem poker skills. Therefore, choose from our recommendations for the best games available online!