The 21 blackjack game is a casino staple that has been around for over a hundred years. Players love the simplicity and fun of playing this casino card game. The main reason that blackjack gained popularity is that it’s a betting game in which players are against the house rather than each other. It also has excellent odds of winning when compared to other games.
The object of the 21 blackjack game is to get a hand that is as close to 21 as possible without going over. Ideally, you get 21, and the dealer either goes above or does not meet 21, this results in a win for you! It sounds effortless, doesn’t it?
Don’t fret if recent world events make it impossible to get to a land-based casino now. You will find blackjack at almost every online casino as well! Furthermore, playing blackjack online comes with a few advantages that you won’t find in a traditional casino.
For example, online casinos will hand you cash bonuses just for signing up. You can then use this extra money to play your favorite casino games like blackjack, roulette, slots and more.
21 Blackjack Game – Hand Values
The total numerical value of your hand determines whether you win or lose the 21 blackjack game. Step one is
The card values are 10 for all face cards and the numerical value of every other card. Ace can be either 11 or one, whatever you decide as to the player. Step one of the game is making a bet, and the dealer will then give you two cards facing up.
Your options are:
- Hit – request another card.
- Stand – to stay with your first two cards.
- Double – take one more card and double your bet.
- Split – separate a pair of cards to play as two separate hands.
- If you get an ace and a face card that equals 11 plus 10, that’s 21 blackjack, and you win! The only problem would be if the dealer also gets 21, in which case it’s called a push, and no one wins.
- The dealer gets 21, but you do not, that’s a win for the house, and you lose your money.
- A normal win is if you get a number higher than the dealer.
- The total of your hand and the dealer’s is equal, no one wins.
You may get offered “Insurance” if the dealer has an ace card up. In essence, you’re insuring your hand with an additional 50% of your original bet. If the dealer should get blackjack, then you’ll get a two to one win of the insurance bet. But you lose the original bet. If the dealer doesn’t get blackjack, you lose the insurance bet and continue with the original bet.
“Surrender” is another option many games offer. If you have a terrible hand, you can discontinue playing it for that round. Basically, the surrender option gives you back half of your wager is the dealer doesn’t get blackjack.
Now that you have a clear understanding of how to play the 21 blackjack game check out Thailand Online Casino’s list of top recommended casinos!